How To Apply:
Please complete our application form below. The following documentation will be required as part of the application process:
- An IRS letter of intent stating that your organization is a registered 501(c)(3) rescue group (shelters cannot qualify)
- A completed referral letter from the veterinarian who examined the pet
- The pet’s pertinent medical records, including full medical exam notes
- The signed AMC to the Rescue Policies and Procedures form
Applications will not be reviewed until ALL required documentation has been submitted to AMC. If you wish to complete a hard copy of this application, you may download the form and submit to email@example.com or fax to 212-308-0014.
If an application has been approved for AMC to the Rescue, the rescue will be contacted to schedule an appointment. A representative of AMC to the Rescue will contact the person who is submitting the application on behalf of the rescue at the contact number provided on the application. If you have already scheduled an appointment prior to being contacted by an AMC representative, your organization will be responsible for all charges associated with the visit and will not fast-track review of your application.
Should you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fine Print:
- This program is currently only available to rescue groups (not shelters) in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
- Due to AMC’s limited resources, we are only able to accommodate up to 3 cases per rescue group per calendar year.
- Upon scheduling a consultation, a credit card will be requested to cover the consultation fee of $190 (as of February 1, 2017) and any charges incurred beyond the grant for care, if approved.
- AMC to the Rescue will cover the fees for one recheck (including all associated costs, such as digital radiographs or other diagnostic procedures) within one month after the approved procedure has been completed and the pet has been released to the rescue organization. All subsequent rechecks are the responsibility of the rescue organization.
- All of us at the Animal Medical Center wish long, healthy lives for every animal you rescue and, most of all, that they each find a forever home. Once a pet has received treatment through AMC to the Rescue and is adopted, please let us know by completing our Transfer of Ownership form. Not only do we like to hear about a happy outcome, but we would also like to pass along a 20% lifetime discount for specialty care at the Animal Medical Center.