Schwartz, Pamela, DVM, DACVS, CCRP
Staff Doctor; Chair, Surgery Service
Dr. Schwartz is a staff surgeon at The AMC. She graduated from Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island in 2001 and completed a rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at The AMC in 2002, followed by a surgical internship at Affiliated Veterinary Specialists in Jacksonville, FL in 2003, and a Small Animal Surgery Research Fellowship at the University of Tennessee in 2004. She completed a surgical residency at The AMC in 2007. Dr. Schwartz is also a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner. Her current interests and professional focus includes soft tissue surgery and orthopedic surgery, as well as minimally invasive surgery and regenerative medicine (such as stem cells and platelet rich plasma).
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons, 2008
- BS - Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 1995
- DVM - Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada, 2001
- Internship - The Animal Medical Center, 2001-2002
- Surgical Internship - Affiliated Veterinary Specialists, Jacksonville, FL, 2002-2003
- Small Animal Surgical Orthopedic Fellowship - University of Tennessee, 2003-2004
- Surgical Residency - The Animal Medical Center, 2004-2007
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner - University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, 2010
- Harman R, Carlson K, Gaynor J, Gustafson S, Dhupa S, Clement K, Hoelzler M, McCarthy T, Schwartz P, Adams C. A Prospective, Randomized, Masked, and Placebo-Controlled Efficacy Study of Intraarticular Allogeneic Adipose Stem Cells for the Treatment of Osteoarthritis in Dogs. Front Vet Sci. 2016 Sep 16;3:81.
- Nunley J, J Sutton, W Culp, D Wilson, K Coleman, R Demianiuk, A Schecter, G Moore, T Donovan, and P Schwartz. Primary pulmonary neoplasia in cats: assessment of computed tomography findings and survival. Journal of Small Animal Practice. Nov 2015, 56(11): 651-6
- Cavanaugh, P, P Schwartz, KP McAbee, JL Fick, J Clark, K Zawadzki, E Corbin, KH Haynes, and T Donovan. Splenic tumors in small breed dogs: a retrospective study of 44 cases (2004-2010). Accepted for publication.
- Shorenstein B and P Schwartz. What Is Your Diagnosis? Craniomandibular Osteopathy. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. Sept 2014, Vol 245, No 5: 491-492.
- Monaco T and P Schwartz. What Is Your Diagnosis? Incomplete fusion of the Accessory Caudal Glenoid Ossification Center. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. Dec 2011, Vol. 239, No. 12: 1545-1546.
- Gambino JM and P Schwartz. What Is Your Diagnosis? Hansen Type I Extrusion of the Lumbosacral Intervertebral Disc in a Dog. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, June 2010, Vol. 236, No. 11: 1177-1178.
- Templeton MM, P Schwartz, and NJ Buote. Clinical Snapshot. Urinary Bladder Avulsion. Compendium Continuing Education for Veterinarians. November 2009, Vol. 31, No.11: 503, 531-531.
- Schwartz, P, JR Kovak, A Koprowski, LL Ludwig, S Monette, and PJ Bergman. Evaluation of prognostic factors in the surgical treatment of adrenal gland tumors in dogs: 41 cases (1999-2005). Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. Jan 2008,Vol. 232, No. 1: 77-84.
- Schwartz, P. Expert Commentator for Capsules: Canine Rectovaginal Fistula with Anal Atresia. The Current Literature in Brief. Clinician’s Brief. May 2008, Vol. 6, No. 5: 46.
- Schwartz, P, JR Bellah, and D Wolfersteig. What Is Your Diagnosis? Intratracheal Plasmacytoma. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, Apr 2005, Vol. 226, No. 8: 1299-1300.
- Schwartz, P, JR Bellah, and FA Kennedy. What Is Your Diagnosis? Pulmonary Liposarcoma. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, Mar 2005, Vol. 226, No. 5: 695-696.
- Regenerative medicine (stem cell therapy, platelet rich plasma, shockwave therapy)
- General soft tissue and orthopedic surgery