Camps, Maria, DVM, DACVIM (SAIM, Oncology)
Maria Camps graduated from the University Autonomous of Barcelona in 1991 and underwent accreditation of her degree by the American Veterinary Medical Association at the University of Tennessee. Dr. Camps completed a one-year internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the Oradell Animal Hospital in 1996. After working in private practice in rural Tennessee and northern California, she finished a two-year residency in small animal internal medicine at Louisiana State University in 1999, and during that time, she completed an externship at the Medicine and Endocrinology Department at Utrecht University from April to March 1999. Dr. Camps moved to NYC and worked as a staff doctor in internal medicine at The Animal Medical Center from 1999 to 2006. During that time, she completed her second residency in the specialty of small animal oncology. Dr. Camps has been board certified by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine since 2000, and she became certified in the specialty of Oncology in 2007. Maria has served as an associate professor at the University Autonomous of Barcelona, and is involved in many national and international continuing education projects for veterinarians and vet students.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine), 2000
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology), 2007
- DVM - Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Facultat de Veterinària, Barcelona, Spain, 1991
- Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates (ECFVG) Program - University of Tennessee, College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, TN, 1994
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery - Oradell Animal Hospital Oradell, NJ, 1996
- Externship - Medicine and Endocrinology Department, Utrecht University, The Netherlands, 1999
- Residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine - Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, LA, 1999
- Residency in Small Animal Oncology - Donaldson-Atwood Cancer Clinic of The Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, 2005
- Camps-Palau MA, Leibman NF, Elmslie R, Lana SE, Plaza S, McKnight JA, Risbon R, Bergman PJ: Treatment of Canine Mast Cell Tumors with Vinblastine, Cyclophosphamide and Prednisone: 35 Cases (1997-2004). Vet Comp Oncol 5(3):156-167. September, 2007.
- Mahoney JA, Bergman PJ, Camps-Palau MA, Hull TL: Treatment of Doxorubicin Extravasation with Intravenous Dexrazoxane in a Cat. J Vet Intern Med 21(4):873-3. Jul-Aug, 2007.
- Bergman PJ, Camps-Palau MA, McKnight JA, Leibman NF, Craft D, Leung C, Liao J, Riviere I, Sadelain M, Hohenhaus AH, Gregor P, Houghton AN, Perales M, Wolchock JD: Development of a Xenogeneic DNA Vaccine Program for Canine Malignant Melanoma at the Animal Medical Center. Vaccine 24(21):4582-5. August 2005.
- Charney SC, Bergman PJ, McKnight JA, Farrelly J, C. A. Novosad CA, Leibman NF and Camps-Palau MA: Evaluation of intracavitary mitoxantrone and carboplatin for treatment of carcinomatosis, sarcomatosis and mesothelioma, with or without malignant effusions: A retrospective analysis of 12 cases (1997–2002). Vet Comp Oncol 3(4):171-181. December, 2005.
- Bergman PJ, Camps-Palau MA, McKnight JA, Leibman NF, Novosad CA, Brenn S, Ettinger S, Endicott MM, Finora K, Craft D, Leung C, Liao J, Riviere I, Hohenhaus AE, Houghton A, Perales M, and Wolchok J: Phase I & Ib trials of Murine tyrosinase + Human Gm-csf DNA vaccination in dogs with advanced malignant melanoma. Vet Comp Oncol 3(1):35-36. March, 2005.
- Bergman PJ, Craft DM, Newman SJ, Baer K, Camps-Palau MA, McKnight JA, Leibman NF, Brenn A, Finora K, Hohenhaus AE, Bertick T, Patnaik AK and Scase T: Correlation of histologic grading of canine mast cell tumor with Ki67/PCNA/AgNOR/c-Kit scores: 38 cases (2002-2003). Vet Comp Oncol 2(2):98-98. June 2004.
- Roura X, Camps-Palau MA, Lloret A, García F, Espada I: Bacterial Prostatitis in a Cat. J Vet Intern Med 16(5):593-7. Sep-Oct 2002.
- Camps-Palau MA, Marks SL, Cornick JL: Current Topics in Small Animal Oxygen Therapy. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet 21(7):587-597. July, 1999.