Buriko, Kate, DVM, DACVECC
Dr. Buriko is a staff veterinarian in the Emergency & Critical Care Service. She completed a rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery in 2005, and completed her residency in emergency and critical care medicine at the University of Pennsylvania before joining The AMC in 2008.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care, 2008
- BS - Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 2002
- DVM - Michigan State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, East Lansing, MI, 2004
- Griego-Valles M, Buriko Y, Prittie JE, Fox PR. An in vitro comparison of the effects of voluven (6% hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4) and hespan (6% hydroxyethyl starch 670/0.75) on measures of blood coagulation in canine blood. J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio). 2016 Oct 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gottlieb DL, Prittie J, Buriko Y, Lamb KE. Evaluation of acute traumatic coagulopathy in dogs and cats following blunt force trauma. J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio). 2016 Sep 30. [Epub ahead of print]