McCue, John, DVM, DACVIM (SAIM, Neurology)
Dr. John McCue earned his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from Cornell University in 2005 after achieving a Bachelor of Arts in biology from Hunter College. He then joined The Animal Medical Center for a rotating internship and continued on to complete his residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine until 2008. Upon completion of his residency, Dr. McCue accepted a two year position as one of the first ever Neurology residents at The Animal Medical Center, during which time he earned his certification in Internal Medicine in 2009 and completed his Neurology residency in 2010. Dr. McCue has been a staff neurologist at The Animal Medical Center since 2011 when he became a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in Neurology after just one year as an associate staff doctor. His professional interests include cerebrovascular disease and metabolic encephalopathy, with an emphasis on the use of MRI imaging.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology), 2009
- BA - Hunter College, New York, NY, 2001
- DVM - Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 2005
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery - The Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, 2005-2006
- Residency in Internal Medicine - The Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, 2006-2008
- Residency in Neurology - The Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, 2008-2010
- Biegen, VR, McCue JP, Donovan, TA, Shelton GD. 2015. Metabolic Encephalopathy and Lipid Storage Myopathy Associated with a Presumptive Mitochondrial Fatty Acid Oxidation Defect in a Dog. Front. Vet. Sci. 2:64. doi: 10.3389/fvets.2015.00064, 2015.