Le Roux, Alexandre, DVM, MS, DECVDI, DACVR
Dr. Le Roux graduated from the Veterinary School of Nantes, France, in 2006. After a rotating small animal internship in Toulouse and a radiology internship in Belgium, he completed a radiology residency program at the Veterinary School of Louisiana State University in 2013. Dr. Le Roux became a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging in 2012, and a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology in 2014. During his residency at LSU, he also started a Master of Science about histological and ultrasonographic correlation of small intestinal layering in dogs, that he completed in 2015. Dr. Le Roux has a special interest in gastrointestinal imaging in dogs and cats.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology, 2014
- Diplomate, European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging, 2012
- DVM - National Veterinary School of Nantes, France, 2006
- Small Animal Rotating Internship - National Veterinary School of Toulouse, France, 2007
- Radiology Clinical Internship - Veterinary School of Liege, Belgium, 2009
- Residency in Diagnostic Imaging - Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 2013
- Master of Science - Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 2015
- Le Roux A. Correlation of ultrasonographic small intestinal wall layering with histology in normal dogs. Master’s thesis. LSU Graduate School, March 2015.
- Le Roux AB, Granger LA, Wakamatsu N, Gaschen L. Ex Vivo Correlation of Ultrasonographic Small Intestinal Wall Layering with Histology in Dogs. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. Accepted for publication.
- Le Roux A, Ryan K, Hof MI, Lanaux A, Gaschen L. What is your diagnosis? Heterobilharzia infection. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2015 Feb 15;246(4):411-3.
- Le Roux AB, Hickey J, Noel P. What is your diagnosis? Bilateral adrenal gland necrosis secondary to hyperadrenocorticism treatment with trilostane in a dog. J Am Vet Med Assoc. Accepted for publication.
- Gaschen L, Le Roux A. EAVDI Yearbook. Cambridge, UK: European Association of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging; 2015. Small intestinal ultrasonography in dogs and cats; p.93-104. 114p.
- Leissinger M, Brandao J, Wakamatsu N,Le Roux A, Rich G. Pulmonary Histiocytic Sarcoma in a Rabbit. Vet Clin Pathol. 2013 Sep;42(3):364-7.
- Le Roux A, Gumber S, Bauer R, Rademacher N, Gaschen L. Algal Meningoencephalitis due to Prototheca spp. in a Dog. Case Reports in Veterinary Medicine, vol. 2013, Article ID 474731, 5 pages, 2013.
- Gaschen L, Le Roux A, Trichel J, Riggs L, Bragulla HH, Rademacher N, Rodriguez D. Magnetic resonance imaging in foals with infectious arthritis. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2011; 52: 627-633.
- Le Roux A, Rabillard M, Gauthier O, Fusellier M, Albaric O, Deschamps J. What Is Your Diagnosis? - Extraskeletal osteosarcoma in a dog. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2010; 237(11): 1241-42.
- Hickey J, Le Roux AB. What is your diagnosis? Variant of a bilateral distal ulnar retained cartilaginous core in a dog. J Am Vet Med Assoc.Accepted for publication.
- Le Roux AB, Cahn D. What is your diagnosis? Perforating tracheal foreign body and caudal mediastinal abscessation in a dog. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2016 Apr 15;248(8):879-81.
- Verrilli AM, Hohenhaus AE, Le Roux AB, Donovan TA. What is your diagnosis? Hernited hepatic cystadenoma mimicking a thoracic mass. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2016 Mar 1;248(5):493-6.
- Le Roux A, Ryan K, Im Hof M, Lanaux A, Gaschen L. What is your diagnosis? - Gastric dystrophic mineralization due to Heterobilharzia americana in a dog. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2015 Feb 15;246(4):411-3.
- Le Roux A, Granger A, Reynolds C, Gaschen L. Computed tomography features of bronchial and non-bronchial collateral arterial circulation development in a dog diagnosed with multiple chronic pulmonary thrombi. J Vet Cardiol. 2013 Dec;15(4):283-7.
- Le Roux A, Rademacher N, Saelinger C, Rodriguez D, Pariaut R, Gaschen L. Value of tracheal bifurcation angle as a radiographic sign of left atrial enlargement in dogs. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2012; 53: 28-33.
- Fusellier M, Desfontis J-C, Le Roux A, Madec S, Gautier F, Thuleau A, Gogny M. Effect of meloxicam and pimobendan on renal function in the healthy Beagle dog. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2008;31(2):150-5.