The Animal Medical Center is seeking a staff veterinarian for Community Practice. This exciting career opportunity provides a unique setting of service, teaching and research opportunities. AMC supports a dynamic and stimulating teaching institution nestled within a biomedical and cultural environment with an endless variety of unique and exciting activities, from the cultural to the culinary. New York City affords the greatest museums, sporting events, restaurants, and theaters in the world.
DVM, VMD, or equivalent foreign veterinary degree, plus at least three years’ clinical experience.
- Promotes the philosophy, mission and values of the AMC.
- Promotes a high-quality standard of patient care and client/RDVM communications and education.
- Supports and upholds the value that functional reporting and teamwork between technicians and veterinarians are critical to the success of the organization; works collaboratively with the nurse managers.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises day-to-day clinician services and associated clinical operations for given area of responsibility; oversees activities of practitioners (medical staff doctors) ensuring adequate clinical coverage at all times.
- Receives, treats, oversees cases as a senior clinician in a specialty area within the department.
- Participates in development and implementation of policies related to standards of care and procedural protocols to improve quality of care.
- Takes responsibility for and follow through on other projects as assigned.
To apply, interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of intent stating professional goals and interests, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three references to:
Animal Medical Center
Attn: Chief Medical Officer
510 E. 62nd Street
New York, NY 10065
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plans, pet care discounts and more. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.