A fellowship trained oncologic surgeon is necessary to completely fill the mission of our cancer center and would complement the existing medical and radiation oncology pieces of the center as well as our existing soft tissue and orthopedic surgery services. This person will be the only certified oncologic surgeon in NYC will provide support to oncology and surgery and will result in increased caseload in all areas.
- Primary job responsibility will be to lead an oncologic surgical service, while at the same time also providing general surgical services (soft tissue and orthopedics)
- Responsibilities will include primary patient care and as well as clinical training of interns, and residents assigned to the surgical service.
- Participation is expected in general Small Animal Surgery service activities, such as meetings, resident seminars, journal club and rounds as well as in similar activities of the oncology service.
- The applicant must be committed to patient management, client service, and clinical teaching.
- Applicants must have completed a three-year residency in small animal surgery (or equivalent)
- Obtain a certificate in surgical oncology
- Preference given to board certified surgeons
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plans, pet care discounts and more. Interested and qualified candidates please email resume/application, with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (212) 758-8157.