The Client Advocate will be primarily stationed on the 2nd floor in the main waiting area. There he/she will warmly greet clients and direct them to check in with registration and answer any questions the clients might have when accessing AMC services. The Client Advocate will be responsible for managing client traffic in all waiting areas to including Cashiers, Medical Records, and Dispensary. The Client Advocate will act as an advocate for the client when determining wait times for Emergency Room and scheduled appointments, while working closely with the Emergency Room and Service teams to best manage wait time expectations.
The Client Advocate is an extremely focused customer service representative. The Client Advocate should possess a highly evolved set of interpersonal skills that exude warmth, compassion, knowledge, and professionalism. The ideal candidate will be articulate, dependable, empathetic and able to take initiative when approaching and assisting clients. The Client Advocate should be able to work well under pressure, quick to assess client and pet needs.
- Greets and directs all clients and visitors upon arrival to the second floor in a pleasant manner.
- Effectively manages all client waiting areas and wait time expectations.
- Works closely with Medical Records, Cashiers, Dispensary, and all medical service teams to facilitate the requests and needs of our clients and pets while on the second floor at AMC.
- The Client Advocate will be trained on other duties of the Client Service Department, such as but not limited to, insurance claim submission and retrieving medical records.
- Reports and client problems, issues or concerns to supervisor and client satisfaction team.
- Helps maintain clean, comfortable and safe client waiting areas.
- Will act as support and back up for main lobby reception as needed.
- Available to work overtime including weekends and holidays if needed.
- Computer- Proficient in the use of Cornerstone, MS Office and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication, listening, problem resolution, informing others, organization and handles pressure well.
- College degree preferred
- Varied hours (including weekends)
Employees of the Animal Medical Center must respect and enjoy companion animals.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more.
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to email@example.com or fax 212-758-8157.