- Rehabilitation treatments including exercising, massage, hot/cold packing, tub/treadmill treatments, ultrasound, hot/cold therapy, laser treatments
- Assess patients on discharge
- Communicate professionally with clients and referral veterinarians regarding patient progress
- Keep neat, concise and accurate records of patient treatment progress and charges
- Assist in planning performing and tailoring treatments according to patient needs
- Maintain the cleanliness of Rehab Department
- Order and stock supplies as necessary
- All other related duties as assigned
- NYS Veterinary Technician’s license (or permit)
- Ability to handle and restrain all species of animal
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Work successfully as part of a team, interacting successfully with clients and co-workers
- Must have the ability to follow detailed directions and established protocols as well as work independently and proactively
- Basic computer skills and be able to correctly complete all necessary paperwork
- Must have flexibility necessary to work weekends, holidays and additional hours as needed
- CCRP (Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner) or CCRA (Certified Canine Rehabilitation Assistant) is preferred but not required
Employees of The Animal Medical Center must respect and enjoy companion animals.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more.
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 212-758-8157.