- The technician will assist with all aspects of patient care from admission through discharge.
- The primary responsibility of this position is anesthesia and the technician will provide anesthesia support primarily for the Interventional Radiology and Interventional Endoscopy Service.
- Duties will include but not be limited to: troubleshooting, operation and care of surgical and anesthetic equipment, maintenance of inventory, participation in a Friday, overnight and/or weekend anesthesia on-call rotation and research/educational projects of anesthesia focus.
- Must have advanced anesthesia skill set and be able to perform all of the tasks associated with a critical and emergent anesthesia procedure.
- Minimum of 12 months training is required in the Surgery Service of the Animal Medical Center
- Must be able to lead and act autonomously during a crisis and be adept at crash medicine and resuscitation.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and autonomously with the liability to remain composed in stressful and emergency situations.
- A strong skill set in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia protocols, anesthesia monitoring, and post-operative care is essential.
- NYS Veterinary Technicians license or permit required. A VTS in anesthesia is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work successfully as part of a team and autonomously with the ability to remain composed in a stressful and emergency situations.
- A strong skill set in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia protocols, monitoring and post-operative care is essential.
- Must be flexible about working additional hours when necessary and have the willingness and determination to remain on the cutting edge of veterinary anesthesia
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more.
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to email@example.com or fax 212-758-8157.
We are an equal opportunity employer.