- Must be able to interpret and execute treatment directives given by veterinarian
- Will be required to operate/or monitor Heska and syringe pumps, cardell blood pressure monitors, Doppler monitors and blood gas machines.
- Must be able to place jelco and sampling catheters, collect blood samples.
- Required to update patient records and monitor patient activity using Cornerstone
- Maintain stock and order supplies
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining cleanliness of ward and would be required to participate in the training of new employees and volunteers
- Must have a New York State Veterinary Technician’s license or permit
- Must have animal handling experience and ability to lift and restrain animals weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work successfully as part of a team
- Must have ability to remain composed in stressful and emergency situations
- Must have flexibility necessary to work additional hours when workload requires
Employees of The Animal Medical Center must respect and enjoy companion animals.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more.
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 212-758-8157.