- Training in Recovery, Dentistry, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Emergency Room, Ophthalmology, Community Practice, Neurology, and Operating Room.
- Must assist with all aspects of patient care from admission through discharge.
- Technician is responsible for providing anesthesia support and nursing care for AMC services.
- Duties include but will not be limited to: patient care, troubleshooting, operation, care & maintenance of surgical and anesthetic equipment; maintenance of inventory, participation in an overnight anesthesia on-call rotation and research/educational projects of an anesthesia focus.
- Must have advanced anesthesia skill set and be able to perform all of the tasks associated with a critical and emergent anesthesia procedure.
- Equivalent of 6 months training is required in the Surgery Dept of the AMC.
- Must be able to lead and act autonomously during a crisis and be adept at crash medicine and resuscitation.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and autonomously with the liability to remain composed in stressful and emergency situations.
- A strong skill set in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia protocols, anesthesia monitoring, and post-operative care is essential.
- NYS Veterinary Technicians license or permit required.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more.
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 212-758-8157.
We are an equal opportunity employer.