- Training in anesthesia, recovery, general surgery, emergency room, neurology, operating room and CT/MRI.
- Must assist with all aspects of patient care from admission through discharge.
- Technician is responsible for providing anesthesia support and nursing care primarily for the Neurology Service.
- Duties include, but will not be limited to: client communication, patient care, troubleshooting, operation, care & maintenance of surgical and anesthetic equipment; maintenance of inventory, participation in an overnight anesthesia on-call rotation and research/educational projects of a neurology focus.
- Must have advanced anesthesia skill set and be able to perform all of the tasks associated with a critical and emergent anesthesia procedure.
- Equivalent of 6 months training is required in the Surgery Service of the AMC
- Knowledge and ability of the techniques associated with the advanced surgery neurology care of veterinary patients is preferred.
- Must be able to lead and act autonomously during a crisis and be adept at crash medicine and resuscitation.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and autonomously with the liability to remain composed in stressful and emergency situations
- Must be flexible about working additional hours when necessary and have the willingness and determination to remain on the cutting edge of veterinary anesthesia and veterinary neurology.
- NYS Veterinary Technicians license or permit required.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more.
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to email@example.com or fax 212-758-8157.