The Animal Medical Center, a full-service, not-for-profit animal hospital, has long been a leader in veterinary medicine, providing exemplary care and service to our patients and their owners. With a staff of 90+ veterinarians and a practice that includes 17 medical specialties, AMC is at the forefront of patient care, teaching, research and state-of the-art services.
Due to major expansion and restructure, we are seeking an experienced professional, Licensed Veterinary Technician, to fill the new position of Education Coordinator, Nursing Services. This is an opportunity to have a major impact on providing our nursing staff with the tools they need to continually provide exemplary customer service in every external and internal interaction. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Education Coordinator will:
- An Associate’s degree in an AVMA-accredited veterinary science technology program or equivalent with New York State Licensure or equivalent credentials as a registered nurse. Prefer BA/BS in Education.
- Minimum of 5 years of specialty hospital experience
- Additional formal or continuing education or experience in education or a related field
- As well as the ability to:
- Develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals
- Recruit, orient and train employees
- Provide nursing and technical guidance and leadership
- Establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships and customer satisfaction with all stakeholders.
- Ability to provide anesthesia
- Collaborate with the medical staff and all other AMC departments in the creation of training programs and educational tools to keep the skills of the Nursing Services staff and all other LVTs and Assistants at the highest possible levels.
- Assist in developing and continuously improving nursing care and technical standards across the organization
- Must be able to train for Anesthesia
- Work collaboratively with the medical staff, management and others to uphold the value that functional reporting and teamwork are critical to the continued success of the AMC
- Develop and implement orientation programs for Licensed Veterinary Technicians and Assistants
- Evaluate LVT and Assistants need for Education
Employees of the Animal Medical Center must respect and enjoy companion animals.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plans, pet care discounts and more. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Interested and qualified candidates please email resumes/applications, with cover letters, to email@example.com or fax 212-758-8157. We are an equal opportunity employer.