Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for creating and implementing a broad strategic marketing and communications effort for the AMC.
- Build strong working relationships with AMC leadership, developing marketing plans and strategies in partnership/conjunction with the organization’s overall strategic planning efforts
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing/communications plan both short- and long-term, ensuring that plans are realistic, financially viable and provide a good return on investment
- Prioritize and focus efforts on specific objectives with measurable outcomes; develop a budget for these initiatives and assist in identifying resources needed to fund them
- Strengthen and enhance AMC’s reputation, brand awareness and support through publicity, public relations, advertising and media outreach, in an effort to reach potential donors, clients, referring veterinarians, veterinary schools, students, AMC alumni, technicians and specialists
- Be an interactive and collaborative partner with colleagues in the organization, effectively communicating goals and objectives while fostering support and a sense of the benefits of an integrated approach to marketing and communications
- Oversee and coordinate public relations, including institutional publications, press releases, the website and media relations
- Support fundraising activities to attract new donors and enhance interest in the AMC and its activities
- Oversee and maintain market research data; establish a plan to conduct research on a regular basis and keep data up-to-date
- Be an advocate and champion, internally and externally, for the AMC and its mission, programs and services
- College Degree MBA, MPA or advanced degree in Marketing, Communications preferred
- Strong background and proven success record in Marketing/Communications, preferably in non-profit and/or hospital venue
- Superior knowledge of marketing and communications techniques
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with senior staff
- Ability to strengthen relationships with veterinarians, pet owners and other members of the veterinary community
- Ability to manage relations with outside agencies and consultants
- Ability to manage, teach and direct activities of Marketing and Communications staff
Employees of the Animal Medical Center must respect and enjoy companion animals.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more. Salary will commensurate with skills and experience. Interested and qualified candidates please email resume, with cover letters, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 212-758-8157.