The Animal Medical Center seeks an enthusiastic, responsible individual to serve as an Administrative Assistant. The ideal person will provide administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in a busy, fast-paced environment, and be involved in a wide variety of administrative/secretarial functions and special projects as assigned.
- Perform all administrative and secretarial duties including scheduling, minutes/agendas, appointments, managing COO’s calendar, arranging meetings and managing mail
- Perform clerical duties pertaining to operations and support to medical staff management as directed
- Provide secondary support in maintaining Board of Trustee committee minutes and other administrative support to BOT business matters.
- Manage client satisfaction log, including tracking and assisting with resolution of problems, speaking with clients via telephone, notifying appropriate staff of problems for investigation and response
- Maintain confidential files, records and information with complete discretion
- Gather and summarize data and information
- Represent the COO, participate on committees and take responsibility for other diverse projects as assigned
- Minimum of 5 yrs. experience as an administrative or executive assistant, preferably reporting to a senior officer
- Must be a high school graduate (or equivalent); some college preferred
- Advanced proficiency in all secretarial/computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, clearly and constructively, with internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to make effective and appropriate decisions, when necessary, on behalf of the organization
- Ability to assist all customers with patience, maturity and calmness
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
If you believe you meet these requirements and would like to become a part of our dedicated team, we’d like to meet you. Please email your resume/cover letter to email@example.com or fax 212-758-8157.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, 403b retirement plan, pet care discount and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer.